Welcome Home Program
The Federal Home Loan Bank of Cincinnati (FHLB Cincinnati) offers grants of up to $7,500 for honorably discharged veterans and active duty military homebuyers and up to $5,000 for all other homebuyers to assist with downpayment and closing costs for income eligible homebuyers through the Welcome Home Program (WHP). Homebuyers must apply and qualify for a mortgage loan with one of our Member financial institutions to utilize the grant. Who are Eligible Homebuyers? A homebuyer would be eligible for the Welcome Home grant if all of the following guidelines are met:
- The total income for all occupants who will reside in the home is at or below 80 percent of the Mortgage Revenue Bond (MRB) limit for the country and state where the property is located;
- A fully executed (signed by buyer and seller) purchase contract on an eligible property is in hand;
- The homebuyer has at least $500 of their own funds to contribute towards down payment and/or closing costs; and,
- If the first-time homebuyer (typically anyone who has not owned a home in the last three years), a satisfactory homebuyer counseling course is completed prior to the loan closing. Note: Applicants do not have to be first-time homebuyers.
What is an Eligible Property? A property would be eligible if all the following guidlines are met:
- The property will be the homebuyer’s primary residence;
- The property is a single family, townhome, condominium, duplex, multi-unit (up to four family units) or a qualified manufactured home. (Manufactures homes may be eligible if they are taxed as real estate and affixed to a permanent foundation); and
- The propery is subject to legally enforceable fiver-year retention mechanism, included in the Warranty Deed or as a Declaration of Restrictive Covenants to the Warranty Deed, requiring the FHLB Cincinnati be given notice of any refinancing, sale, foreclosure, deed in-lieu of foreclosure, or change in ownership during the fiver year retention period.
How Do I Apply? Click here or set up an appointment to speak with one of our specialized mortgage lenders.
All applications are subject to credit approval, private mortgage insurance if applicable and flood insurance if required.
Rates and term are subject to change without notice.