Congratulations on your decision to buy a new home!
Grant Money will be available on March 4th for up to $7,500 with Welcome Home Funds. Click here for more information.
Earn up to $350* towards closings costs.
*$250 toward closing costs an approved and funded loans. Eligible for $250 off when you open an Interest bearing Relationship Checking account with CSB. *$100 toward closing costs on approved and funded loans when you obtain your Pre-Approval from CSB. Credit terms and conditions apply. Promotion can change or be discontinued at any time.
Applying online is as easy as 1-2-3. You can apply now in as little as 20 minutes.
Before you get started looking for a home or mortgage use this helpful step-by-step Home Loan Toolkit created by the CFPB to help make good decisions and properly educate yourself on the home buying process.
What do I need to get started?
Key Elements of a loan application:
- Property address
- Estimated value
- Capacity to pull credit (Social Security Number)
- Income estimate
- Loan amount
Information typically required:
- Purchase Agreement
- Social Security number
- Copy of your photo ID (driver’s license, state ID, etc.)
- Pay stubs for at least the last 30 days or, if self-employed, your tax returns for the past two years
- Last two years’ filed tax returns, including all schedules, for all borrowers
- W2s for all borrowers for the past two years
- Bank Statements for the past two months, all accounts and all pages
- Any retirement and investment account statements for the past two months
- If divorced, a copy of divorce decree, child support order and alimony
If you currently own real estate
- Copy of current mortgage statement
- Home owners insurance policy information
- Home equity account information (if applicable)
- Landlord information and address, for most recent two years (if applicable)
Who handles which steps?
Rely on your Real Estate Agent to:
- Preview available homes that meet your criteria.
- Show you homes that suit your needs as you’ve defined them.
- Negotiate the best deal for you. With a pre-qualification letter, your real estate agent will be able to show that you are a serious borrower. This may make the difference between the seller accepting your offer or someone else’s.
Rely on your Mortgage Loan Professional to:
- Help you choose the best loan to meet your personal situation and goals, (This single decision can save you thousands of dollars through the years)
- Keep you informed of your loan status throughout the entire process.
- Keep your Real Estate Agent informed of your loan status.
- Get the appropriate loan for your individual situation.
Rely on yourself to:
- Keep your real Estate Agent informed of any questions or concerns you have.
- Keep the process moving by providing documentation and making decisions as soon as possible. Taking care of details early on will let you comfortably concentrate on any last-minute events that require your attention.
- Make sure you are pre-qualified as early as possible.
Working closely with your Conneaut Savings Bank Mortgage Loan Professional and your Real Estate Agent, buying a new home can be one of the most exciting, rewarding experiences of your life. Remember, our team is always here to help, so please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have questions or concerns during the process. With so many important things to consider throughout, the home buying process can seem overwhelming. That’s why we want to share some useful information to help keep you on track and make this an efficient, rewarding experience.